Need support? Email

Under Data Protection legislation the church Charity Trustees of West Road Church are the Data Controller and our Church administrator acts as our Data Protection Officer.

We only use personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected,  or as otherwise required by law. Data Protection legislation allows us to process this information as we regard it as being in the church’s legitimate interest.

   This may include:

  • Registering for an event
  • Maintain contact with you about events within the church
  • Church Administration including rotas you may serve in or gift aid purposes
  • To provide pastoral support

Your name and contact details will be entered into our church database which is held on the church office computer which is password protected and accessed only by the Pastor, Church Administrator, Staff members, Elders, Trustees and volunteers authorised by those persons.  Your contact details will be removed from the database once you are no longer attending our church regularly – unless you ask to remain as one of our “church friends”.  You will have the opportunity to share your name and contact details with the wider church, via My Church Suite app.  You will be able to manage your details and privacy setting within this.  You can ask for your details to be removed at any time.

To enable us to provide adequate pastoral support to you and your family, one of the Staff Team or the Pastoral Coordinator/Elder may record information, which may be regarded as sensitive. This information will be stored (in password protected documents) on a church computer but the password will only be known by the appropriate Staff or Leadership Member. This information will NOT be disclosed to anyone else without your consent.

You have the right to ask to see any information we hold about you (including the pastoral support information) by submitting a ‘Subject Access Request’ to the Trustees. You also have the right to ask for information, which you believe to be incorrect to be rectified.

If you are concerned about the way your information is being handled please speak to our Trustee responsible for Data Protection. If you are still unhappy, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office

Keep up-to-date